Thursday, September 2, 2010

Receptionist Desk Part IV

Its been over a month since my last post. A combination of a lot of overtime in July and then a lot of concentrated effort to get this desk done. But I'm finally closing in on the finish line on the desk. It seems like the last week or so has been a hard uphill battle. Last week it seemed like every night I had to make yet another trip to Lowes to get something or other. Perhaps sometimes its best to stop, sit down and think vs. running off right away :-(

This week has gone much smoother though a tad slower then I'd have liked. I had hoped to be putting on the second coat of polyurethane this evening but instead I just finished the first coat. My "helper" seems to have disappeared this evening - claiming exhaustion. She's been up the last two nights late helping me get the desk done. We were up till 1am last night staining and she went out there a couple of times today to wipe off any stain bleeding out of the pores. Oak is nasty that way, red more so then white oak, but they both will "swallow" up stain into their pores only to push it back out over the subsequent day or so.

I'm pretty much exhausted myself, so I'm going to post some pictures of the desk in various stages over the past three weeks and leave it at that.









No comments:

Post a Comment