Saturday, June 5, 2010

Pencil Post Bed - Completed

Between working a ton of overtime and entertaining my parents for a week and finally trying to recover from a case of bronchitis, I haven't had a chance to post a picture of the completed bed. The following picture is the bed as we set it up in my daughter's room a week and a half ago. I was in a bit of a rush trying to get it together and ready as it was already getting fairly late in the evening so unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the assembly of the angle iron onto the rails or any of the setup. Just one shot before we tossed on the mattress. You can see all the poplar slats, they are spaced about a 1/2" apart. The bed is rock solid. The mattress comes up just even with the bottom of the headboard. My wife is still working on the quilt, perhaps when she gets that done I'll take a picture of the bed with it and post it.


3 comments:

  1. Entertaining parents :) I can sympathize. Anyway, impressive work. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work turned out great, thanks for sharing it. I'm planning to make a pencil post bed in the near future and hope it turns out as nicely as yours.

    ReplyDelete